On 10-12 October, TTG, SIA Hospitality Design exhibitions and Sun Beach & Outdoor Style were a massive success.
The 55th TTG Travel Experience, the 67th SIA Hospitality Design and the 36th SUN Beach&Outdoor Style – Italian Exhibition Group SpA (IEG)’s events dedicated to the marketing and tourism industry – took place at Rimini Expo Centre on 10-12 October 2018.
Over 150 destinations, 1500 buyers from 90 countries, and 384 workshops contributed to a better understanding of the market’s ongoing developments.
This edition saw Mexico as a country partner, along with newcomers Nepal, Kazakhstan, Andorra and Principality of Monaco.
Tourism is a worldwide growing sector.
In Italy, according to TTG’s press release, it’s estimated that in 2018 overnight stays will increase by around 1.3%, arrivals by 2.7%, and foreign visitors by 3.7%. The overall income will also continue to improve, after 2017 recorded a positive net income of €14.589 million (+5.7% compared to 2016) and a 39 billion expenditure by foreign tourists in Italy.
A significant growth can also be found in the digital market, which amounts to 14,2 billion (+8% compared to 2017) and is worth one-fourth of Italy’s travel market value.
The Outdoor Tourism Observatory has estimated the value of its sector at €4.9 billion, with a growth projection of +1.3% in 2019.
At the stands, we had the chance to meet some of the venues on ItaliaConvention. Pictured:
– Michela Guggia, San Servolo Services’ Sales and Marketing Manager, introducing San Servolo Island, a Venetian island and conference centre with 12 meeting rooms, and the 18th century Villa Widmann, located between Padua and Venice, with 6 meeting halls and a lush garden.
– Pierfrancesco Bernardi, Sales Manager of BHR Treviso Hotel, a 4-star superior hotel with a 13-hall conference centre that can host up to 1,300 people. The hotel also offers banqueting and external catering services.
– Giuseppe Andrisani, Greenblu‘s Sales Manager, presenting the group, which also had two other stands in the Puglia and Basilicata areas (where the hotels are located).
– Leo Di Canio, Greenblu’s Sales Manager, at the Puglia booth. He presented and promoted the 5-star Borgobianco in Polignano, the new 4-star Torre Cintola Natural Sea Emotions in Monopoli, the Cavaliere Urban Hotel in Noci, and Ticho’s Hotel in Castellaneta Marina.
– Mariella Scaramuzzo, Greenblu’s Booking Manager, at the Basilicata stand. She presented and promoted the 5-star Marinagri in Marina di Policoro, the 5-star Aquatio in the Sassi di Matera, and the newly-opened 4-star Argonauti Hotel Sea Life Experience in Marina di Pisticci.