The Event in Paestum moves to Autumn from September 30th to October 3rd, 2021.
The latest Ministerial Decree (DPCM ) made it necessary to postpone even the XXIIIth Mediterranean Exchange of Archaeological Tourism which was initially scheduled from April 8th to 11th 2021.
The promoters – Campania Region, Municipality of Capaccio Paestum, Archaeological Park of Paestum and Velia – have already communicated the new dates: from Thursday, September 30th to Sunday, October 3rd 2021.
Many special sections:
– ArchaeoExperience, Experimental Archeology laboratories for the diffusion of the techniques used in the past to create daily use artifacts;
– ArcheoIncoming exhibition space and Workshop where tour operators promoting Italian tourist-archaeological destinations are the protagonists;
– ArchaeoMeetings for press conferences and presentations of cultural and territorial development projects;
– ArchaeoWorking post-graduate and post doctoral orientation by the Universities participating in the Exhibition Hall;
– ArchaeoStartUp where new cultural enterprises and innovative projects in archaeological activities are introduced;
– Meet the Protagonists where the general audience meet the prestigious archaeologists and popularizers.
Guided and educational tours are available for journalists and visitors and 2 prizes: the “Antonella Fiammenghi” Award for the best thesis on archaeological tourism and the “Paestum Archeologia Mario Napoli” Award assigned to those who contribute to the valorization of cultural heritage.
The new date will in any case allow many visitors and professionals to experience Paestum and the beautiful Unesco site in a month where the weather is particularly lucky.