Visitors and exhibitors from all over the world are expected at Fiera Milano Rho. More than 1300 events at the “Fuorisalone”.
For five days, from Wednesday, April 18, until Sunday, April 22, 2018, Milan turns into the world capital of design and architecture for the 57th Salone del Mobile.
2,500 exhibitors (22% of which International) and over 400,000 visitors are expected at Fiera Milano Rho.
The Salone del Mobile takes place at Fiera Milano Rho, but Fuorisalone’s program includes over 1,300 events in different districts and iconic landmarks of Milan, such as Brera, via Tortona, the University of Milan, the Triennale. Every year, it attracts operators, designers, buyers, architects, students and design enthusiasts from all over the world.
The Salone del Mobile is held concurrently with 5 other fairs:
– International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition, with a wide variety of styles and furnishing/decorating products;
– Euroluce, the International Lighting Exhibition;
– SaloneSatellite, dedicated to under-35s;
– EuroCucina, the leading showcase for high-end kitchens;
– International Bathroom Exhibition, with an innovative focus on sustainability.
The Italian wood-furniture industry is worth over €41 billion, includes almost 80k companies and 320k employees, and is one of the country’s leading industries.
Because of the growing importance of the Salone del Mobile and its satellite events, this week has been named the “Milan Design Week”.