Mathias Posch was elected IAPCO President at the General Assembly in Tokyo.
IAPCO’s General Assembly in Tokyo, the largest-ever, elected its new President: Canadian Mathias Posch, President of International Conference Services Ltd in Vancouver. He takes over on a two-year term from Jan Tonkin, The Conference Company, New Zealand.
The new President said: “IAPCO is the voice for PCOs in the meeting industry. My mission as President is to keep thinking big, keep innovating and keep strengthening our standing as PCOs.”
IAPCO’s Council also welcomed three new elected members:
– Barbara Calderwood, MCI UK;
– Monica Freire, AIM Group International;
– Sarah Markey-Hamm, ICMS Pty Ltd – Melbourne.
IAPCO Council 2018-19:
– President: Mathias Posch, ICS, Canada;
– Vice President: Ori Lahav, Kenes Group, Israel;
– Immediate Past President: Jan Tonkin, The Conference Company, New Zealand;
– Treasurer: Keith Burton, African Agenda, South Africa.
– Barbara Calderwood, MCI, UK;
– Monica Freire, AIM Group International, Portugal;
– Sarah Markey-Hamm, ICMS Pty Ltd, Australia;
– Kayo Nomura, Congress Corporation, Japan;
– Nicolette van Erven, Congress by design bv, Netherlands.
IAPCO Council 2018-2019
IAPCO (International Association of Professional Congress Organisers) was founded in Switzerland in 1968 and its headquarters are in the UK. It represents 120 professional congress organisers in 42 countries. The Association’s mission is to increase quality standards among its members and in the global meeting industry, thanks to mutual support, training and networking events.