On Sunday, November 12, site inspection with “nouveau” wine at Cantine Florio in Marsala.
The warm Indian summer days (in Italian: Saint Martin’s Summer) are the perfect time to visit Cantine Florio in Marsala for the first sip of wine after the grape harvest.
On Sunday, November 12, 2017, Cantine Florio opens its doors for “Open Cellars”, the annual Autumn event that celebrates Saint Martin’s Day and the end of the grape harvest. Visitors can taste some of the best wines of the historic Florio Winery, including the exclusive Corvo Novello, while eating delicious roasted chestnuts. It’s truly the perfect chance to try exquisite Sicilian wines and discover what Cantine Florio can offer to meeting participants, too.
– Guided tours of the historic Florio Cellars (in Italian)
– Tastings of a selection of Duca Di Salaparuta’s Marsala wines
– Wine & chestnut tastings
– Cantine Florio are open to the public from 10:30 am to 7:30 pm.
– Guided tours (in Italian) are scheduled at 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm only upon reservation. €10/per person. Tasting of two Marsala wines + finger foods, and 1 glass of Corvo Novello with chestnuts.
– Chestnuts and Corvo Novello only, €5/per person.
For further information call (+39) 0923 781111 / (+39) 0923 781305317, or email hospitality[at]duca.it
Built in 1833, Cantine Florio are part of the circuit of Marsala and Sicily’s excellence, and welcome every year visitors from all around the world. Cantine Florio offers 6 halls (3 of them connected) that can host up to 350 people, 300 for the buffet and 500 standing. The wonderful Mediterranean garden up to 2,500 people.